There are two options for course organization:
Organized by IAML (UK & Irl) in conjunction with a host library
IAML (UK & Irl) will be responsible for the provision of qualified and experienced trainers (but please note that for this course, where the reference resources of the host venue inform the detailed content, host library specialist staff are particularly welcome to participate, or indeed lead.
IAML (UK & Irl) will be responsible for:
- all course materials (where not generated by host trainers), including overhead transparencies or PowerPoint programme, handouts and enquiry session quizzes
- feedback sheets, delegates lists, registration
- information and badges, course certificates
- catering arrangements (normally lunch and three coffee / tea breaks)
- the production and mailing of course brochure
- delegate bookings
- financial management (note: we reserve the right to cancel courses if insufficient bookings are received, in which event no liability can be accepted)
In exchange for a negotiated number of free delegate places, the host library provides:
- free training room, equipment, books and scores (see below)
- photocopying of handouts (fair copies provided)
- local contact before and on the day (liaison / local information / input to catering arrangements / help with registration etc)
Organized by library authority or other agency in house
This option is not generally suitable for this course, but details of its operation may be found under the other IAML (UK & Irl) courses listed here.
- Training room capable of accommodating up to 30 delegates
- PCs with CD-ROM and Internet access, at least one PC per two trainees.
- Flipchart with paper and pens
- Overhead projector and screen (or data projector and screen)
- Music reference sources and scores to support specific modules
- Space to display them on