The Courses and Education Committee will be running its training course "Virtuoso skills for music enquiries" at the University of Sheffield Information Commons on Tuesday 27 November 2018.
This is a day course designed to give staff working in music libraries, or with music collections in multi–disciplinary libraries, the confidence to answer music enquiries at an advanced level, using both printed and online resources.
At the end of the day participants will:
- have an overview of the major printed and electronic music reference sources;
- have an awareness of new resources developing in this field;
- be familiar with techniques to improve relevance of recall when using web searching to satisfy enquiries.
Programme modules include:
- reference enquiries and how to find out what the user wants;
- a guide to printed and online reference sources;
- internet search techniques;
- practical sessions using sources to answer enquiries
More information on the course can be found at https://iaml-uk-irl.org/virtuoso-skills-music-enquiries
Information on course fees can be found at https://iaml-uk-irl.org/course-fees
The deadline for booking a place on the course is Wednesday, 21 November