This course is designed to give staff working in music libraries, or with music collections in multi-discipline libraries, the confidence to answer music enquiries at an advanced level. It will cover mainly classical music, with reference to other genres held in strength at the host library, and will raise awareness of recent resources, both printed and online, in these areas.
At the end of the day participants will have:
- have an overview of the major printed and electronic music reference sources;
- have an awareness of new resources developing in this field;
- be familiar with techniques to improve relevance of recall when using web searching to satisfy enquiries.
Programme modules include:
- reference enquiries and how to find out what the user wants;
- a guide to printed and online reference sources;
- internet search techniques;
- practical sessions using sources to answer enquiries.
Please note that detailed module content may vary according to the reference resources available at the host venue.
Schedule of current fees
Details of course organization.