Who we represent
IAML is an international association representing:
- Music libraries and librarians
- Music archives and archivists
- Music documentation centres
- Broadcasting authorities
- Music library users
- Orchestral, opera & theatre librarians
- Music trade
It is possible to join IAML as a Personal (individual) or an Institutional member. There are two levels of membership available:
National members (UK & Ireland) receive:
- The Branch's journal Brio
- Preferential rates to attend the UK & Ireland Branch's Annual Study Weekend (ASW)
- Preferential rates to attend training courses on aspects of music librarianship
- Representation to UK & Irish government and official bodies
- Information on current developments in music librarianship
- Professional advice and expertise
- Voting rights at general meetings of the Branch
International members receive (in addition to the benefits of National membership):
- The IAML journal Fontes Artis Musicae — available electronically or in print.
- Opportunities to participate in the international work of IAML
- Voting rights in IAML's General Assembly
- The opportunity to stand for office in one of IAML's Sections or Committees
- Members' rates for attendance at the annual international congress.
Membership rates for 2017
Students registered at a recognised credit–bearing Higher or Further Education institution in the UK or Ireland are eligible for one year's free membership of IAML (UK & Irl). Subsequent years of student membership are charged at the concessionary rate. Proof of student status is required.
For UK taxpayers the entire subscription is eligible for tax relief.
Any person wishing to stand for membership of the Executive Committee of the Branch must be a paid–up personal member by 1st February of the year in which the AGM will be held.
Any person wishing to stand as an officer of one of IAML's international Sections or Committees must be a paid-up international personal member or an employee of an international institutional member.
The IAML (UK & Irl) membership directory is made available only to members of the Branch. Please note that non–members might have access to copies that are held by institutional members.
IAML (UK & Irl) is registered under the terms of the Data Protection Act.
Download a membership leaflet.