Who we represent
IAML is an association representing music librarians and libraries and others working with music information:
- Music libraries and librarians
- Music archives
- Music documentation centres
- Broadcasting authorities
- Music library users
- Orchestral, opera & theatre librarians
- Music trade
Personal or institutional members may choose from two levels of membership:
National members (UK & Ireland) receive:
- The Branch's journal Brio
- Preferential rates to attend the Annual Study Weekend (ASW)
- Preferential rates to attend training courses on aspects of music librarianship
- Representation to government and official bodies
- Information on current developments in music librarianship
- Professional advice and expertise
- Voting rights at general meetings
International members receive:
- All of the benefits of National membership (UK & Ireland).
- The IAML journal Fontes Artis Musicae — available electronically or in print.
- Opportunities to participate in the international work of IAML including voting rights and members' rates for attendance at the annual congress.
Membership rates for 2017
Students registered at a recognised credit–bearing Higher or Further Education institution in the UK or Ireland are eligible for one year's free membership of IAML (UK & Irl). Subsequent years of student membership are charged at the concessionary rate. Proof of student status is required.
For UK taxpayers the entire subscription is eligible for tax relief.
Any person wishing to stand for membership of the Executive Committee of the Branch must be a paid–up personal member by 1st February of the year in which the AGM will be held.
The IAML (UK & Irl) membership directory is available only to members. Please note that non–members might have access to copies that are held by institutional members.
IAML (UK & Irl) is registered under the terms of the Data Protection Act.
Download a membership leaflet.